Brown Sugar-Sriracha Bacon Bites
- 1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 10 thick-cut bacon slices, each cut into 4 pieces (approximately 2 inches each)
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the rack
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Stir together the sriracha and brown sugar in a medium bowl; add the bacon pieces and toss to coat. Set aside.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; place a wire rack over the foil. Spray the rack liberally with cooking spray. Place the bacon pieces in a single layer on the rack.
Bake until the bacon is almost crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the bacon with the toasted and black sesame seeds and bake an additional 5 minutes. Cool for 5 to 8 minutes, moving the bacon pieces slightly on the rack every 2 minutes to prevent sticking. (The bacon will crisp more as it cools.)
SOURCE: foodnetwork – Recipe courtesy of Valerie Bertinelli